- Call for Papers
- Submit a Paper
- Paper Formatting
- Special Sessions
- Tutorial Proposals
- One-day Workshop
Call for PapersThe organizing committee is delighted to invite you to the 28th Picture Coding Symposium (PCS 2010), to be held in Nagoya, Japan, on December 7-10, 2010.
PCS is an international forum devoted specifically to advancements in visual data coding. PCS is the pioneer and has the longest history in this field. Since 1969, PCS has provided the most exciting meeting place for the visual coding community: industry, research, academia, and users. In line with the tradition of PCS, challenging exploratory contributions are very welcomed.
In PCS 2010, in addition to the three day symposium held on December 8-10, the one day workshop will be held on December 7. This workshop includes the 25th Picture Coding Symposium of Japan and the 15th Image Media Processing Symposium (PCSJ/IMPS).
You can download this call as a PDF.
The 28th PCS especially focuses on
- FTV (Freeviewpoint Television)
- Beyond H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
- Coding of still and moving pictures
- Model-based and synthetic coding
- Distributed source coding
- Image and video processing
- Multimodal coding and processing
- Very high-resolution imaging, coding and processing
- Multi-view video processing and coding
- Representation, analysis and coding of 3D scenes
- Virtual/augmented/mixed reality
- Subjective and objective quality assessment metrics and methods
- Joint source and channel coding
- Error robustness, resilience and concealment
- Transcoding and transmoding
- Coding for mobile, IP and sensor networks
- Coding and processing for database applications
- Protection and integrity of visual data
- Implementation architectures and VLSI
- New applications and techniques for visual data processing
- Standards for visual data coding
Prospective authors are invited to submit extended summaries of no more than four (4) pages for the Symposium or two (2) pages for the Workshop, in English, with font size 11, including results, figures and references. Submissions will be accepted only in PDF format. The online submission system will be available later through this symposium web site.
Symposium Paper Submission
|Submission deadline of regular papers (4 pages)||June 23, 2010|
|Notification of acceptance||September 15, 2010|
|Submission deadline of camera-ready papers (4 pages)||October 8, 2010|
Workshop Paper Submission
|Submission deadline of short papers (2 pages)||October 1, 2010|
|Notification of acceptance||October 15, 2010|